[ New Account ]
· Discussion Boards
· Review Listings
· Saved Games
· Virtual Cd-Rom
Guide To ACE Compression
Author: Great Teacher
Nowadays, more and more advanced compression tools are being created for smaller files transfer on the internet. From the old zip, to arj, to rar, and now ace, we are getting more compression tools for a variety of usage. For those medical researchers, the word, ace, may be a term of a format that is use to store DNA data and other medical information. Now, the word, ACE, will not just be a term only familiar to medical researcher, but also a compression tool.
Sooner or later, you might started finding several programs that are compressed in a file name with *.ace, *.c00, *.c01. In order to extract these type of format, you must need a program that will extract ace file format (of course!). Since such tool is still new and rare, you can hardly find it on the web. Therefore, we decided to put this page up for you to download the program and get some understanding on the usage of the program.
Usage: unace.exe [command] [archieve.ace] [destination directory]
Here's an example on how to extract *.ace file using unace.exe:
Let's say you have downloaded a program that is compressed in ace format. The program was divided into the following files:
To extract the the files aitai into a folder such as c:programs:
1) Copy unace.exe into the directory or folder that contains aitai.ace and aitai.c** files
2) Go into MS-Prompt or DOS.
3) Go to the directory that contains aitai.ace, aitai.c** and unace.exe files.
4) Type in unace.exe x aitai.ace c:programs
Tips: UNACE.EXE = activiates the program unace.exe, x = extract with full pathname (some files will not work if you did not extract the program with full pathname), aitai.ace = The ace files that you wanted to extract, c:programs = the destination where you want your files to be extracted.5) The program will ask you to extract c.00, c.01, and the rest of the files, press "Y" to continue.
6) Congradulation, you just finished extracting ACE files (sounds kind of stupid, but that's how I feel when I first successfully extracted it. Puzzled me for a long time too to find the program that will extract this fiend).
Click here for Ace version 1.2a.